Being the first option that comes to mind when someone is looking for a coworking space is a big advantage.
It’s not always easy to do—especially when you have “competition“—but there are ways you can help it along.
The first step is to be known for something specific, valuable, and unique. That’s the Category of One Strategy.
The vaguer you are in people’s minds, they less likely they are to think of you first for anything.
From there, it’s all about the Be Everywhere Strategy. Take that uniqueness wherever your target market goes. You need to build awareness and this gets you there.
The cinch is something I’d like to talk about today, which is called the Top of Mind Strategy.
The Top of Mind Strategy is not something I invented. As the saying already goes, “top of mind, tip of tongue”.
When you’re the first option that comes to mind, you’re far more likely to be selected (and referred).
So how do you stay top of mind for your prospects (and even your members too) when there are so many choices available?
The answer is frequency. In other words, it means showing up… a lot.
Show up as often as you can, in as many places as you can, with as much value as you can.
Here are some ways you can use the Top of Mind Strategy in your marketing:
- Focus on one single uniqueness of your space and tell stories about it until you are blue in the face.
- Publish content on your blog every week and share it in as many places as you can.
- Publish content on social media as often as you can. Aim for daily if possible.
- Send out emails to your members, prospects, dead leads, brokers, event attendees, and whoever else has an interest in your company.
- Use ad retargeting to get your brand in front of everybody who visits your website. This works on all social media platforms and millions of websites.
- Look for opportunities to branch out in your community, whether by PR efforts, charitable causes, hosting events, or other community gatherings.
Whatever you decide to do, the key is frequency. Pick a unique thing about your business and focus on it relentlessly in your marketing.
Show up as frequently as you can, wherever you can.
But do it intentionally. If you find yourself spread too thin, pick a few key places to show up in the most.