- ads at the top of the page
- a Google Maps section
- some organic search results (websites)
- and a few more Google ads at the bottom
Google AdsIf you have room to fill in your space, you should seriously consider advertising (but don’t set it up or manage it yourself). Make sure you have a good website before you do this too.
Google MapsYou should definitely have a Google My Business listing with reviews, photos, a virtual tour if possible, proper categorization, and as much detail as you can muster. Filling out your profile maximizes the chances of having your space appear near the top of the “map pack” (i.e. the top 3 located inside of the map section of the search results), although it’s not the only factor that contributes to it.
Organic Ranking for Your WebsiteYou should also be optimizing your website to help your pages rank organically for the keywords people are searching for. This may be hard or easy depending on how competitive your market is. Everything so far is intuitive, so let’s dig deeper. Aside from advertising, appearing in the maps section, and ranking organically, what other search results would you see? You might see:
- Yelp pages and top lists
- various coworking directories
- articles about top coworking spaces in your city by local media
- maybe some local associations
- and lots of competing coworking spaces, but let’s ignore your competition for now