If you’ve been in the coworking industry for a while, there’s a good chance you’ve come across Cat Johnson and her teachings.
Cat has been in the industry for (I think!) over a decade and has been a pioneer in the area of marketing for coworking spaces—particularly around content and community building.
Cat recently invited me to her podcast, Coworking Our Loud, to chat about things like:
- How to build a genuine brand for your coworking space to help you stand out
- How to approach content creation to drive members and engagements
- How to develop your unique point of view to make your marketing more edgy
- Why identifying and doubling down on your best members helps attract more of them
- Why tapping into your members’ self-identity helps you create more compelling marketing
- Why investing in brand is important, even if it feels inefficient on the surface
- Why good marketing needs to tap into logical and emotional benefits
- My advice on how to get started with creating content marketing for your space
- Why infusion the owner/CEO into your content can be a significant success factor
- How to pre-market a new coworking space (it’s probably not how you think)
- What I would say if I could reduce all my marketing advice down to a single billboard
Whew! A lot covered in 37 minutes.
If you’re into any of those ideas (roughly in order as they appear), give it a listen via the video above,
Until next time!